What’s New @ Sask Books
- The Stars in our Books Publishers in Saskatchewan are making big splashes with their new titles and with their tried and beloved ones. Pio-Seelos books, with author and publisher Henry Ripplinger at the helm, has steered its way into some pretty big recognition with this article from the Catholic Register for his incredibly popular and best-selling Angelic Letters series, which have sold more than 200,000 copies worldwide since 2010. Books six and seven are due to be released in spring and fall 2017, and we wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make the Globe and Mail’s bestseller list, as the others in the series, a long lost love story, have done. Your Nickel’s Worth Press (YNWP) has had a very busy fall season with the release of five new titles: Along Comes a Wolfe by Counios & Gane; Good Morning, Sunshine! A Story of Mindfulness by Trina Markusson and James Hearne, which launched in ...
- Contracts – professional development session Taking place in Saskatoon on the morning of Thursday, November 24, and in Regina on the morning of Friday, November 25, the topic of the sessions will be Publishing Contracts. Issues discussed will likely include Royalty Agreements, Distribution Agreements, and Printers’ Contracts, but if there are any topics specifically related to contracts that you’d like to see discussed, or for more information please contact [email protected] Registration forms are available here
- Saskatchewan Book Publishing Week Success As you can tell by the catchy headline up there, Saskatchewan Book Publishing Week was a huge success! Thanks to support we received from the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canada Book Fund and to Creative Saskatchewan, we were able to tour nine writers’ eleven books published by nine Saskatchewan through five locations across the province. The tour was a smashing success, welcoming more than 300 students, bibliophiles, and local media from La Ronge, the Batoche area, Yorkton, Ogema, and Maple Creek. This is the first year SaskBooks has produced a reading tour to celebrate Saskatchewan Book Publishing Week. We would like to extend our thanks to our featured publishers: Burton House Books, Coteau Books, DriverWorks Ink, Gabriel Dumont Institute, Saskatchewan Archaeological Society, Joan Soggie, Thistledown Press, University of Regina Press, and Your Nickel’s Worth Publishing for producing excellent books; and to our featured readers: Byrna Barclay, Wilfred Burton, Sharon ...
- Fall PD Sessions – Writing Book Cover Copy Register now for the following BOOKTASTIC SESSIONS with Trena White from Page Two in Vancouver: Monday 26 September 2016 Location: SASKATOON, Gabriel Dumont Institute, #2, 604 22nd Street West Tuesday 27 September 2016 Location: REGINA, Mosaic Tower 111, 2010 12th Avenue, second floor boardroom 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The Ins and Outs of Writing Book Cover Copy (Trena White) The 250 words that appear on a book’s cover are some of the most important in the entire book. They are what encourages a potential reader to buy it. So how do you write persuasive copy? This workshop will explain how to write copy that sells books: what you should put on the front cover, how much weight to give endorsements, how to write a great author bio, and what to say in the description. Participants will examine plenty of concrete examples from real books that have worked — or not. Trena White is principal and co-founder ...
Download the Catalogue
Featuring books published in Saskatchewan, the catalogue has something for everyone.
Dates and Deadlines
Professional Development sessions:
- 23 & 24 March in Saskatoon and in Regina – How Publishers Deal with issues of Libel, Defamation, and Slander
- December 2-4, 2016 – Sundog, SaskTel Place, Saskatoon
- June 2017