What’s New @ Sask Books
- Book publishers at Saskatchewan Film Week At this Saskatchewan Film Week event, SMPIA, in collaboration with SaskBooks, provides an opportunity to watch book publishers or their authors in Regina and Saskatoon pitch book-to-film concepts to film and television producers. A panel of producers will offer feedback on the book’s potential as a media property. And then there will be socializing! Snacks and first beverage are on us. If you would like to watch this happen (and who wouldn’t?) please order a ticket as seating is limited. Saskatoon tickets (via Eventbrite) Regina tickets (via Eventbrite)
- Saskatchewan Book Publishing Week SaskBooks is pleased to have wrapped up a successful Book Publishing Week! During the first week of October, we celebrated all across Saskatchewan in schools and at public library readings. Bibliophiles across the province got to meet Saskatchewan publishers and published writers, in addition to hearing a bit about some of the province’s best books. This year we included a digital tour – you can watch all of the Book Week interviews on our YouTube channel – subscribe now and you’ll never miss another book talk! Here are the places we went: October 2 – John M. Cuelenaere Library, Prince Albert. Featued a presentation from The Photographer’s Guide to Saskatchewan by Robin and Arlene Karpan of Parkland Publishing, and a reading from A Map in My Blood by Carla Braidek (Thistledown Press) October 3 – Alex Robertson Library, La Ronge. Featued a presentation from The Photographer’s Guide to Saskatchewan by Robin and Arlene Karpan of Parkland Publishing, and ...
- Publishing Symposium The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild and SaskBooks are partnering to offer writers and publishers a chance to learn about how to sell your book(s) better. Is direct marketing your best option? How do you get your book into a bookstore? How do you get the bookstore to love your book? Does it really matter what it looks like? These are all questions this symposium will answer. The symposium consists of a half day of presentations and information on Friday September 29, 2017 at the Western Development Museum (Palace Theatre), in Saskatoon. The symposium covers topics such as how to find a publisher, how to format and submit your manuscript, contract and royalties, self-publishing intensive (including workflow, production, hiring an editor, etc.), working with publishers to market your book, and more. Admission is free, but seating is limited. Only 40 spots are available. The schedule is available here.
- Head Back to School with SaskBooks Back to School – SaskBooks Supports Education in the Province SaskBooks has lots of ways to help educators get Saskatchewan books into classrooms September 1, 2017 – (REGINA) – It is the time of year that parents anticipate and students dread – back to school. Fortunately, SaskBooks is committed to making the process easier for everyone, by providing resources and innovative programs for teachers and students, and education to the public. SaskBooks believes the best way to teach the story of the province is through the stories of its people, and that there is no better way to tell those stories than through Saskatchewan-published books. On behalf of its members, SaskBooks sells a diverse array of titles, from biography and memoir, to poetry and children’s books, and everything in between. SaskBooks sends its annual catalogue, Read Saskatchewan, to schools throughout the province, and to help get Saskatchewan-published books into the classrooms, SaskBooks always ...
Download the Catalogue
Featuring books published in Saskatchewan, the catalogue has something for everyone.
Dates and Deadlines
Professional Development sessions:
- November 18 – Books to Film Pitch at Amigo’s in Saskatoon and at Bushwakker’s in Regina
- November 29, 30 – Seasonal lunches in Saskatoon and Regina
- March 2018 (TBA)
- November 10 – Saskatoon Teachers Convention (Saskatoon)
- November 17 – 19 – WinterGreen Craft Fair, Regina
- November 20 – Giller Light Bash (Regina)
- December 1 -3 – Sundog Craft Faire, Saskatoon
- February 16, 2018 – Regina Teachers Convention, Regina
- June 2018 in Regina