What’s New @ Sask Books
- SaskBooks 2016 Holiday Gift Guide SaskBooks is proud to present our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide. Find Saskatchewan-published books for all the people on your list (even the tricky one). The SaskBooks Holiday Gift Guide helps you find gifts to feel good about, by supporting local producers and culture. With genres ranging from poetry to cookbooks to historical fiction, and books from all over the province, the guide is as comprehensive as can be. Get a Saskatchewan book for everyone you know, and one or two for yourself as well! 2016 SaskBooks Holiday Gift Guide
- Saskatchewan Best Sellers We’re putting 2016 to bed, but before we tuck it in and say goodnight, we’re leaving the light on for just a little while so it can read from this year’s list of best selling Saskatchewan books: The Great Saskatchewan Bucket List (Parkland Publishing) Cream Money: Stories of Prairie People (DriverWorks Ink) Fun on the Farm: True Tales of Farm Life (DriverWorks Ink) Western Canadian Farm Trivia, 2nd Edition (Parkland Publishing) The Education of Augie Merasty (University of Regina Press) The Cypress Hills Massacre (Saskatchewan Archaeology Association) Firewater – How Alcohol is Killing My People (and Yours) (University of Regina Press) Good Morning, Sunshine! (Your Nickel’s Worth Publishing) The Surprising Lives of Small-Town Doctors (University of Regina Press) ABCs Down on the Farm (Your Nickel’s Worth Publishing)
- The Stars in our Books Publishers in Saskatchewan are making big splashes with their new titles and with their tried and beloved ones. Pio-Seelos books, with author and publisher Henry Ripplinger at the helm, has steered its way into some pretty big recognition with this article from the Catholic Register for his incredibly popular and best-selling Angelic Letters series, which have sold more than 200,000 copies worldwide since 2010. Books six and seven are due to be released in spring and fall 2017, and we wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make the Globe and Mail’s bestseller list, as the others in the series, a long lost love story, have done. Your Nickel’s Worth Press (YNWP) has had a very busy fall season with the release of five new titles: Along Comes a Wolfe by Counios & Gane; Good Morning, Sunshine! A Story of Mindfulness by Trina Markusson and James Hearne, which launched in ...
- Contracts – professional development session Taking place in Saskatoon on the morning of Thursday, November 24, and in Regina on the morning of Friday, November 25, the topic of the sessions will be Publishing Contracts. Issues discussed will likely include Royalty Agreements, Distribution Agreements, and Printers’ Contracts, but if there are any topics specifically related to contracts that you’d like to see discussed, or for more information please contact [email protected] Registration forms are available here
Download the Catalogue
Featuring books published in Saskatchewan, the catalogue has something for everyone.
Dates and Deadlines
Professional Development sessions:
- 23 & 24 March in Saskatoon and in Regina – How Publishers Deal with issues of Libel, Defamation, and Slander
- December 2-4, 2016 – Sundog, SaskTel Place, Saskatoon
- June 2017