SaskBooks has four levels of membership which are based on production, sales, and marketing. The books that SaskBooks promotes must have their ISBNs registered to a Saskatchewan entity.
- Full ($300/year)
- At least four books in print.
- Ongoing production program of at least one book per year OR the active marketing/promotion, distribution, of existing titles.
- Membership in national publishing organisation is recommended, where appropriate.
- Has two votes per firm at meetings.
- Persons from firms may serve on the Executive of the Board of Directors.
- Associate ($150/year)
- At least two books in print.
- Has one vote per firm at meetings.
- May serve on the Board of Directors.
- Supporting ($100/year)
- Emerging publishers who have at least one book in print, or who have at least one book in production.
- Have voice but no vote at meetings.
- Are eligible for all of SaskBooks’ programming.
- Non-Publisher Member ($300/year)
- Any individual or organisation that supports the objectives of SaskBooks.
- Are welcome to attend meetings by invitation, but have no voting privileges.
Publisher categories require:
- Publish original Canadian books
- 80% Canadian owned
- Book Publishing in important function
- Head office in Saskatchewan
(Most publishers begin with supporting membership. As you grow, you will automatically “graduate” to higher catagories. You will be notified of your new status when it is achieved.)
Listed below are a list of all the current Members of SaskBooks.
To become a member of SaskBooks please fill out our Online Membership Application.
- Benchmark Press (Regina)
- Biographies Regina (Regina)
- Coteau Books (Regina)
- DriverWorks Ink (Regina)
- Dunlop Art Gallery (Regina)
- Gabriel Dumont Institute (Saskatoon)
- Gopher Books (Humboldt)
- Hagios Press (Regina)
- Hear My Heart Books Inc. (Saskatoon)
- Indie Ink Publishing, Ltd. (Saskatoon)
- JackPine Press (Saskatoon)
- Les Ã‰ditions de la nouvelle plume (Regina)
- Native Law Centre, University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon)
- Nature Saskatchewan (Regina)
- Parkland Publishing (Saskatoon)
- Pio-Seelos Books (Lumsden)
- Purich Publishing (Saskatoon)
- Saskatchewan Indian Cultural Centre (Saskatoon)
- Thistledown Press (Saskatoon)
- University of Regina Press (Regina)
- Wild Sage Press (Regina)
- Your Nickel's Worth Publishing (Regina)
- Centre for the Study of Co-operatives, U of S (Saskatoon)
- Doreen M. Bleich (Nipawin)
- Henry Perspectives (Saskatoon)
- Kakwa (Riceton)
- La SociÃ©tÃ© historique de la Saskatchewan Inc (Regina)
- Saskatchewan Archaeological Society (Saskatoon)
- Saskatchewan Genealogical Society (Regina)
- Agonal Industries (Regina)
- Cabin 4 Books (Saskatoon)
- Case Nutrition Consulting (Regina)
- Flatland Publishing (Regina)
- Friends of St. Victor Petroglyphs Coop Ltd (Assiniboia)
- Hazeldell Productions (Prince Albert)
- K. IQ Solutions (Regina)
- Landscape Art Publishing (Saskatoon)
- Last Mountain Publishers (Regina)
- Lisa Lambert (Saskatoon)
- Prairie PI (Saskatoon)
- Saskatchewan Romance Writers (Saskatoon)
- Speargrass Specialties (Eatonia)
- VAN DE VELDE Publications (Regina)
- Wascana Writers (Regina)
- Friesens Book Division (Altona)
- Houghton Boston Printers, Saskatoon (Saskatoon)
- LM Publications (Regina)