Do you want to learn how to produce your own audiobooks? Then sign up for SaskBooks’ Audiobook Mentorship between now and February 10th!
SaskBooks is running a pilot project where publishers will be partnered up with a audiobook production mentor to learn how to produce top-quality, professional audiobooks. From pre-production to recording to post-production to distribution, you’ll learn everything you need to know to produce high-quality, accessible audiobooks. You and your mentor will work on a project of your choosing so you can develop the practical skills necessary to produce your own audiobooks. SaskBooks will provide a kit of essential equipment to use during the mentorship, and the kits will be available on request for future projects after the mentorship is done.
Only two mentorships are available between February 15th and March 31st 2021, on a first-come-first-served basis. All subsequent eligible applicants will be put on a reservation list and another round of mentorships may be offered for these applicants at a later date. Applicants should be prepared to conduct their mentorship online.
To apply, you’ll need:
- A SaskBooks membership in good standing.
- An expression of interest.
- Why do you want to be a part of this pilot project? What do you hope to gain from it?
- A completed manuscript, with subsidiary rights to produce the audiobook.
- What kind of audiobook do you want to produce with your mentor?
- Note that SaskBooks and your mentor will make every effort to bring your full project to fruition, but scope of the finished product will be limited by time, funding, and capacity.
- You’ll need to guarantee that you can commit the necessary time (up to 20 hours) to meet with your mentor between February 15th and March 31st 2021.
- $100, payable to SaskBooks on acceptance to the mentorship program.
- Bursaries are available if the fee presents an economic hardship; contact [email protected] for more information.
Apply online, at the link below, by February 10th. If you cannot fill out the online application, please contact [email protected] to make other arrangements.
Questions? Direct them to [email protected], or call Emily at (306) 780-9811.